I took the sweater and cut the original hood as my daughters new cap. I used one of her caps to achieve the same shape and to figure out how big it should be. After I had the shape I started cutting the edges. Then, I flipped the material inside out and lined up the edges to start pinning. Once the sides were pinned it was ready to sew. For the final step I just cut a little more of the brown hem from the original hood on the sweater to use as a bow. This piece was already double sided, which made it nice and thick. I flipped that small piece inside out and sewed the edges to eliminate any possible fraying. The second small piece was just some of the thin pink that I wrapped around the bow and sewed down. To finish it, I hand stitched the bow down.
And there it is! A cute inexpensive new cap for this little munchkin. Enjoy :)